Storytelling is the art of sharing story, inviting listeners into a story, and contributing to
a sense of connectedness.
Story Listening is the art of listening, practice in learning to let the story unfold, connecting
to aspects of the story, and finding universal truths - both inside and outside of ourselves.
Performances and programs for children to seniors - everyone loves a good story.
Story awakens our imagination! The power of story:
- teaches ideas & strategies
- supports literacy - reading & writing skills
- touches our heart & soul
- creates a rich inner
- connects us to ourselves and others
- creates opportunties for healing
- reveals universal truths and wisdom
- connects us to our cultural & family backgrounds
- connects us to and teaches us about history
- inspires us in a deep and profound way
- tickles our funny bone and helps us laugh!
I offer Educational and Applied Storytelling Programs.
Please visit each page for a listing of these interactive and inspiring
peformances & workshops!
Educational Storytelling is the sharing of the gift of story to:
- deepen connections within a family
- learn about other cultures and the world around us
- learn about your family, cultural and religious history & values
- find inspiration in biographical & personal stories
- support for literacy & other curriculum areas
- tickle your funny bone!
- share with others
Applied Storytelling is the intentional use of story to create a process of:
- creating opportunity for healing and growth
- teaching concepts, skills and strategies
- nurturing and deepening a greater sense of connectedness
- pulling on the threads of a story for universal themes
- community building
- foster a sense of connectedness to self and others
- inspiring hope and vision